Quality Coffee Brewing Class - $339
(Registration is $339 per person, total cost. Lunch included with registration. Class time: 9am to 3pm) Suggested HOTELS listed below to the right.
If you encounter any issues in the check out process, or you would prefer to register by phone, please call
(682) 710-1320 and we will be happy to assist you! Please note: This coffee class is offered every month of the year, but we only post class dates several months in advance.
UPCOMING CLASS DATES:
Quality Coffee Brewing Class
September 21, 2014
October 17, 2014
November 16, 2014
December 21, 2014
Quality Coffee Brewing Class
The Texas Coffee School Coffee Brewing Methods Class is a fully immersive 1-day coffee class that focuses on the fundamentals of quality-oriented coffee brewing. Through guided hands-on brewing experiments and tasting exercises, students will learn how to isolate and control individual factors that affect coffee's taste. These skills are vital to brewing consistently great tasting coffee, and knowing how to troubleshoot off-tasting results.
View Texas Coffee School Photos
Class Topics Include:
• The essential elements to quality-oriented coffee brewing
• Developing your coffee tasting palate
• How to determine correct coffee to water ratio
• Proper grind size/setting
• Selecting an appropriate water temperature
• How to determine appropriate brew time
• Selecting an optimum brewing method for your specific coffee
• Proper operation of brewing equipment
• Water quality
• Coffee freshness and storage
• Troubleshooting poor tasting coffee
• Man vs Machine Coffee Brewing
• Cleanliness and upkeep of brewing equipment
• Home brewing equipment recommendations
View Texas Coffee School Testimonials
Coffee Brewing Devices Devices Used In Class:
Using today's most popular specialty coffee brewing devices, students will gain the skills essential to perfected coffee brewing at home and in a professional setting.
• French Press (steeping)
• Chemex (cone style hand pour-over drip)
• Kalita Wave (flat bottom hand pour-over drip)
• Clever Dripper (full immersion brewing)
• Hario V60 (cone style hand pour-over drip)
• Batch Brewer (traditional automated drip brewing)
• Toddy Cold Brewing System (cold brewed iced coffee)
• Cold Bruer Iced Coffee Maker (cold brewed iced coffee)
Follow Texas Coffee School on Facebook
This coffee class is perfect for anyone with a strong interest in coffee! Home coffee enthusiasts to coffee professionals, we've designed this class to be approachable and fun for anyone at any interest level! This coffee course provides each student with ample hands-on lab time with expert instruction in a relaxed, non-intimidating setting.
Please read before registering: By submitting payment and/or by attending any Texas Coffee School class or workshop you are agreeing that you (a) have fully read and completely agree to Texas Coffee School Terms & Conditions, (b) have reviewed the course description AND refund policy within our Terms & Conditions more than 14 days prior to the course start date, and (c) you understand Texas Coffee School is not a career school or vocational school as defined by the Texas Education Code, and offers no form of diploma, certification, or degree.